Supporting Reading, Writing, and Accessibility on the PC
The Nuance Speak & See Suite provides universal access to information and text for PC users with a range of physical disabilities and learning challenges. Combining speech recognition and text-to-speech with powerful accessibility tools, Nuance Speak & See offers an easier way to interact with a PC with greater independence.
Helping all Students Reach Their Full Potential
The Nuance Speak & See Suite allows students with learning challenges to see the relationship between the spoken and written word through a combination of speech recognition and text-to-speech. Students who have other physical challenges or who generally struggle with using a keyboard and mouse can take advantage of Speak & See to more clearly view their screen and navigate their PC quickly and easily.
Helping ESL Students
Nuance Speak & See is an extremely useful tool for students who are learning English as a second language. Through its text-to-speech capability and bilingual dictionaries, Speak & See allows people to hear spoken words, thereby helping them to distinguish between different pronunciations and meanings — depending on context —making it even easier to learn English.
Dragon NaturallySpeaking Create notes, e-mail or documents, launch applications, manage files and work on the Web all by voice. Dragon NaturallySpeaking eliminates the manual task of typing so that people can quickly and easily capture thoughts and work with the PC more independently.
Reading and Writing Support Toolbar
Nearly any on-screen text can be spoken aloud by the computer in a natural-sounding voice. The toolbar also combines a homophone dictionary, thesaurus, reference dictionary and spellchecker. It's like having a built-in proof-reader to ensure the quality and accuracy of your documents.
Screen Magnifier Magnify all or part of the computer screen up to six times for easier viewing; smooth fonts to make them clearer at higher magnification.
The horizontal highlighting and magnifying band of the Reading Ruler makes it easier to see and concentrate on text or objects on the computer screen. Viewing is further enhanced as the screen above and below the strip is dimmed out.
Color Overlay Change the color and tint of the computer screen to deliver a better view of the screen, with the potential to make browsing and reading easier.
Language Learning Assistant
Ideal for English language learners, or those studying a foreign language, this tool speaks text aloud to demonstrate proper pronunciation and includes bilingual dictionaries in many languages.
The install process checks that your system meets the minimum requirements; if they are not met, Dragon NaturallySpeaking will not be installed.
- CPU: minimum 1 GHz Intel® Pentium® or equivalent AMD processor or 1.66 GHz Intel® Atom® processor. We recommend 1.8 GHz Intel Dual Core or equivalent AMD processor. (IMPORTANT: SSE2 instruction set required)
- Processor Cache: minimum 512 KB. We recommend 2 MB.
- Free hard disk space: 2.5 GB (2.8 GB for localized non-English versions)
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 and SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2 and SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2003 and 2008, SP1, SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- RAM: minimum 1 GB for Windows XP and Windows Vista, and 2 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003/2008. We recommend 2 GB RAM for Windows XP and Windows Vista, and 4 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003/2008 64-bit.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer(R) 6 or higher (free download at www.microsoft.com)
- Creative® Labs Sound Blaster® 16 or equivalent sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- DVD-ROM drive required for installation
- Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone (included in purchase). See details at support.nuance.com/compatibility/ (includes Bluetooth microphones, recorders, and Tablet PCs).
Note: An internet connection is required for product activation (a quick anonymous process).
*This edition of Dragon does not support dictation directly into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Edition.